We often seek solace inside heated buildings and cozy fireplaces during the winter months. In…
HVAC systems don’t have to be tricky if you understand what’s powering your heat and air conditioning. To help take some of the confusion out of the operations, 1st Class Heat & Air wants to provide you with answers to the most common questions surrounding HVAC systems. Let’s take a deeper look at some of your most popular questions, below.
How Often Should I Have My HVAC Serviced?
HVAC systems need to be serviced before the start of each heating or cooling season. Your air conditioning unit should have its maintenance performed either at the end of the winter or the beginning of spring.
How Important Is Indoor Air Quality?
Indoor air quality is vital because it can be worse than outdoor air. Circulating allergens, mold, dust, and other pollutants can have a detrimental impact on the overall health and well-being of the people within. It’s vital to your health to maintain proper indoor air quality.
When Is It Time To Replace My AC?
Many homeowners have a difficult time understanding when it is a good idea to replace their HVAC or AC. Here are some things to consider when thinking about replacing your air conditioning unit:
- Your AC is too noisy. If your AC is making too much noise, you can get your AC repaired or invest in a replacement.
- Your AC is constantly breaking down. If it breaks down every time you run it during really hot weather, this could be a sign it is not able to deal with your home’s demands.
- Are you looking for a better return on investment? Replacing your AC can help to lower utility payments. Air conditioners are more effective now in comparison to a decade ago, as the minimum SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) for any AC manufactured is 13, with most systems exceeding that.
How Often Should I Replace HVAC Air Filters?
Air filters should be replaced every three months, depending on the usage. This ensures the overall performance of the system and the indoor air quality are up to par.
Can I Clean My HVAC Filters?
The reason it’s not advisable to clean and reuse HVAC filters is that they can be dangerous for the home if not cleaned and dried properly. If not cleaned with care and attention, it can cause mold growth, which can be filtered throughout the home, causing detrimental problems to your health.
We advise calling a professional such as 1st Class Heat & Air to perform all your air filter cleaning needs.
What Are the Most Common HVAC Problems?
- Ignition problems. These can stem from a number of causes, such as the burners causing a pilot outage, or a dirty pilot.
- Dirty filters. If the filter is dirty, it can restrict airflow, causing the unit to work much harder to circulate air.
- Wear and tear. Your system’s performance can be negatively impacted by the general wear and tear of components like belts and bearings.
- Lack of maintenance. Regularly scheduled maintenance is essential to keep the system in working order.
HVAC Systems with 1st Class Heat & Air
Keep your home in working condition all year round by serving your HVAC system with 1st Class Heat & Air. Schedule your appointment by calling (972) 673-0408 or requesting 1st Class Service online!