Air Conditioner maintenance has always been a top priority for all since it helps to save money and increases the lifespan of your A/C unit. Although it may sound like an additional burden, it can be pretty helpful in the long run in avoiding costly repairs. While you may reach out to the experts about air conditioner maintenance, you can do some research on your own to increase the lifespan and performance of your A/C system.
It is necessary to maintain the system thoroughly during the summers, mostly because not taking care of it can ruin the system to an extent where maintenance alone won’t be helpful. To ensure proper maintenance of the system, it is necessary to first have it installed properly by trained and certified HVAC technicians. Whether you are installing a system for the first time or taking care of the old one, you need to take proper care of it. Air conditioner maintenance is a very crucial part for increasing the efficiency and lifespan of the system.
Related Link: AC Maintenance Plano, Texas
After the installation of the air conditioner unit, you may often face problems in maintaining it since you won’t be having any expert guidance constantly reminding you of what to do. Therefore, if you are unable to take proper care, you may prefer reaching out to experts who may help you with the entire air conditioner maintenance process. Plus sometimes its just best leaving it to the professionals. In-fact signing up for a regular ac maintenance contract could be the best thing you do for the health of your air conditioner unit.
Get A/C Maintenance In Texas For As Low As $49 Call 1st Class Heat & Air Now 972-673-0408
Things to keep an eye on during air conditioner installation
If you are just installing an air conditioner in your house, you should make sure to be there to check the installation procedure. While you may hire the experts, some of them may not do their work efficiently. Therefore, you should do slight research on your own to ensure that installation is being done correctly.
Related Link: AC Maintenance Frisco, Texas
Having a thorough idea about installation will help you ensure that the system is free of any faults. Although it may consume a little time, it will be worth it.
A/C Installation – What To Consider
- Whenever you are considering air conditioner installation in the house, you need to be considerate about a lot of factors.
- Whenever you are installing an air conditioner in the house, you should check the available space around it. This will help in easing the maintenance, repair, and installation procedure. Being considerate about it from the beginning can be of great help later on. However, if the system is installed at a place where there is no space available, it will be tough for you to maintain the system. Eventually, this will lead to high electricity bills. Available space makes it easier for you to clean or remove the dirty filters.
Also, make sure that the installation of the outdoor unit is being done in a shaded region to avoid unnecessary heat from the sun. According to experts, you should be installing the outdoor unit in the northern or southern parts of your house since the direct sunlight does not hit these points of the house. Also, there won’t be any direct impact on the air conditioner.
Related Link: AC Maintenance Allen, Texas
Is professional ac maintenance a solution?
Even though you may do the minor or primary maintenance on your own, you should always prefer reaching out to the HVAC experts. These are trained and certified professionals who know what services they carry out like the back of their hands. The trained professionals usually carry out a complete inspection and cleaning.
NOTE: Each HVAC company has their own set of inspection and maintenance guide lines mostly depending on the region your in. Just because one company offers to do one type of check within their maintenance does not mean all companies do the same.
Related Link: AC Maintenance McKinney, Texas
Air Conditioner Maintenance
- Thermostat- To check the working of the thermostat, these professionals usually calibrate the system. They further check the performance and ensure that it is properly located. Keeping the thermostat close to the heating sources can heat the entire system, thereby reducing the lifespan.
- Lubricate the moving parts- You may not be able to do it on your own, but the experts make sure to take care of the unnecessary damage. Properly lubricating the parts will ensure that all system moves properly without much friction in between. If the systems aren’t lubricated it can break down, thereby calling for frequent replacement or repairs. This entirely depends on how much the system is saved.
- Electrical connections- The expert technicians take proper care of the system by checking the electrical connection. This ensures that the system keeps working efficiently. Also, if the electrical connections are tight, they will work properly. However, if they aren’t tight, the entire system will be prone to electrical hazards. Avoiding such risks can help to enhance the heating and cooling potential or the system, thereby increasing the lifespan of the system.
- System controls- The expert professionals are trained to keep a thorough check of the system controls. This will help to keep a check of the proper cycling and safe operation of the HVAC system. Thoroughly checking the system controls will ensure proper starting and shutting off the system.
- Change air filters- Changing air filters have always been a necessity for all. When it comes to ensuring the safety of your system, changing air filters can be of great help. Even if you can change the air filter all by yourself, you may prefer reaching out to the experts for added benefits. Also, these experts may be able to suggest something better that will eventually help in making the system’s working easy for you.
- Clear the unclogged drain lines- Clogged drain lines have always been a problem for the HVAC owners. You should prefer checking the clogged drain lines and clean it in time to avoid any inconvenience. Cleaning the drain lines regularly will help in concentrating the liquid. Clogged drain lines can cause several problems such as water leakage or even moisture problems. Moreover, they can also be the leading cause of mold growth. The technician after inspection will be able to repair and unclog the drain lines.
Related Link: AC Maintenance Richardson, Texas
AC Maintenance & Usage Tips
Now that you have installed the air conditioners in your house, you should make sure to maintain it thoroughly. Usually, it is said to prepare the system before the summers since you will be using it the most during this time. If you have extra refrigerant, you should prefer recycling or reusing it. It is necessary to clean the system and maintain it thoroughly. Moreover, when it comes to using, experts have often advised being careful with the using. You should keep the system away from heat-generating appliances as it will lead to improper functioning of the system.
Whatever season it is, taking proper care of the air conditioner becomes extremely important. If you are new to owning or being responsible for a central ac system, you may prefer checking with the HVAC experts to know when your ac should get maintenance. As stated earlier the best gift you can give your AC unit is signing up for regular ac maintenance contracts.
For fast, reliable AC & Heating repair, service, installation, or sales, contact the professionals at 1st Class Heat & Air. We offer after-hours AC repair and can provide help for AC compressor failure seven days per week. Call us today at 972-673-0408.
What To Read Next?
- Lennox VS Trane Air Conditioners
- 6 Signs Your Dallas, TX Home AC Needs Repairs Or Maintenance?
- Air Conditioner Making You Sick? Here’s What To Do
- How To Reduce AC Bills In Texas
- Lennox XC16 Air Conditioner Review
- 5 Signs Your HVAC Company is Providing POOR Service
- How To Clean AC Coils
- 7 Common HVAC Airflow Problems & What To Do About Them
- Benefits Of Regular AC Maintenance
- Here’s Why Lennox Is The Best Home AC Unit